Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS)
Sint Janssingel 92
5211 DA ‘s-Hertogenbosch
Getting to JADS
- Den Bosch is short for ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
- From Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) there is a direct train to ‘s-Hertogenbosch station (65 min in total).
- From Eindhoven Airport there is a good bus connection to Eindhoven Station, and from there a train to ‘s-Hertogenbosch (45 min in total).
- Once at ‘s-Hertogenbosch station, it’s a 7 minute walk to JADS.
- Dutch public transit planner (9292.nl also includes busses/trams/etc.)
- Leaving ‘s-Hertogenbosch station, walk straight until you cross a bridge over a river (3-5 min walk).
- Turn right into the Sint Janssingel and walk until you reach the entrance of the old monastery with ‘Mariënburg’ above the entrance on your left side (2-4 mins). This is the entrance to the JADS Mariënburg Campus.
All relevant venues for IDA 2018: the house marks JADS (the main conference venue), the cocktail glass marks Bolwerk (the Wednesday reception location), the cutlery marks Sitio (the Thursday dinner location), the train marks the train station, and the Bossche Bol marks the best spot to get a Bossche Bol in case you get the munchies. All venues are within crawling distance of each other.
Acquiring train tickets
To obtain train tickets, you may need to navigate the vending machines at train stations. Those machines may ask you to input the first two digits of your destination. For tickets to ‘s-Hertogenbosch, those first two digits you need to enter are HE. Note, that you need a ticket to what the machine knows as “Hertogenbosch”; do not buy a ticket to “Hertogenbosch Oost”!